INDOOR AMUSEMENT/ARCADE FOR KIDS
Thinking of owning an indoor playground business? The process is simpler than you may think and you have picked the right time to do it. Indoor Playgrounds are becoming the newest “big thing” that are rapidly spreading across the world. Here are some important things to think about:
You will need to gather information about your community and basic market data such as:
- The need for an indoor playground in the community
- How many children are in the community (typically ages 0-12)?
- Are there with many tourists in the community?
- What does the competition look like? Is there any?
- If there is competition, what can you do to differentiate yourself from the competition?
- What can you charge the customers? What are your competitor’s charging?
- How much is it to rent or purchase the space?
- How large of a space do you think you will need?
An average 10,000 square foot Indoor Amusement Park will cost about $1,000,000, smaller traditional arcades can be put together with a starting price of about $250,000 – A very good “rule of thumb” for budgeting many facilities uses $125 – $300 per Sq Ft or $410 – $985 / Sq M for total project costs, but depends a great deal on where in the world the facility will be located. When designing one from scratch consider that it can take between six months to 1 ½ years to design construct and furnish.